Get in Touch with Us
Occupational Health Clinic
1211 21st Ave. South
Suite 640 Medical Arts Building
Nashville, TN 37212
Norovirus Comes to Tennessee
The Tennessee Department of Health is investigating multiple outbreaks of norovirus across the region. Norovirus is a highly contagious virus that causes vomiting and diarrhea. To keep your family and coworkers safe, practice these simple precautions:
- Wash hands with soap and water after using the toilet or changing diapers, and before eating or handling food.
- Wash fruits and vegetables and cook seafood thoroughly.
- If you are sick, do not prepare food or provide healthcare for others for 48 hours after your symptoms have resolved.
- If a family member or coworker has been sick with vomiting or dairrhea, wipe down any surfaces they touch have touched with bleach-based cleanser
- Keep break room refrigerators clean and discard leftover food after 48 hours.
More information on norovirus is available from the CDC.