Get in Touch with Us
2700 Children's Way
Nashville, TN 37235
Cholesterol Education Month. Be Heart Smart!
September is National Cholesterol Education Month. Health Plus is encouraging faculty and staff to get cholesterol checks if recommended, and to take steps to lower cholesterol if it is high. It is also a good time to learn about lifestyle choices that can make a difference. Participate in a variety of fun and informative events and programs designed to help you lower your risk:
- Know Your Numbers - Keep your weight, blood pressure, and body mass index in check with Know Your Numbers locations on and off the main Vanderbilt campus throughout September.
- How to Keep Your Heart Healthy When You Have Bad Genes - Join Health Plus and Vanderbilt Heart Cardiologist Sergio Fazio, MD, PhD for this lunch and learn. Receive a heart healthy recipe packet and a heart-healthy lunch while they last.
- Love Your Heart Expo - Visit this lunchtime event to receive a cholesterol and glucose screening compliments of Vanderbilt Heart and Vanderbilt Stroke Clinic.* Speak with a Vanderbilt Heart cardiologist and/or registered dietitian about your results.
- Heart-healthy cooking videos - Check out the latest videos in the Healthy Kitchen Cooking Video Library for inspiration to get you cooking.
- Wellcasts on heart smart topics – Listen to our podcasts, including such topics as heart smart fast food options, eating heart healthy on a budget and more!