FROM THE RESOURCE LIBRARY
Tobacco Cessation Resources
Self Help Resources
Tools to help you quit on your own.
- Read the book: The No Nag, No Guilt, Do it Your Own Way Guide to Quitting Smoking. Call Health Plus at 343-8943 or email Health Plus to receive a copy.
- Support is available to all Tennessee residents through the Tennessee Department of Health by calling 1-800-QUIT-NOW or by visiting the website. Receive a free tobacco quit kit, work with a quit coach and get help learning to deal with tobacco cravings and other challenges.
- Get your free tool-kit. A variety of useful items are included in this useful kit, including a book, mints, quick tips and more. Stop by Health Plus or call 343-8943 to get one.
Some smokers need medication to help them quit smoking. If you’ve tried to quit before and had problems with nicotine withdrawal or cravings, you might want to consider medication.
- See your Primary Care Provider (PCP) for help. Your PCP can provide counseling, advice on nicotine replacement, and may prescribe medicine to help you quit. Find a provider by calling 936-MYMD (6963).
- The Occupational Health Clinic (OHC) Quit Rx Smoking Cessation program. The OHC Smoking Cessation program offers counseling and treatment services, including medication prescriptions when recommended. Call 936-0955 to schedule an appointment or for more information.
- The Kim Dayani Center Smoking Cessation Program: An 8-week program including counseling and medication (when advised) that is covered by benefits. This program is offered on-site or in your department (with four or more individuals). To register call Barbara Forbes, M.S., A.P.N., G.N.P. at 322-4751 or email email@example.com or listen to the informational Wellcast.
Quitting smoking is tough, and many people want some support along the way. Vanderbilt provides support resources such as coaching, counseling, and peer support programs.
- One-on-One Coaching: Individualized support and encouragement, by phone or in person, to help you meet your wellness goal. Make an appointment with a Health Plus Wellness Coach by calling 343-8943.
- Stress and Coping Skills Counseling: Learn relaxation techniques and stress resilience from a licensed counselor at Work/Life Connections-EAP. Make an appointment by calling 936-1327.
Keywords: cancer prevention, tobacco, smoking, quit, nicotine