Get in Touch with Us
2700 Children's Way
Nashville, TN 37235
FROM THE RESOURCE LIBRARY
The Health Risk Assessment Tool
Health Risk Assessments are a reliable and valid tool for you to assess your health risks according to lifestyle behaviors such as physical activity, nutritional choices, tobacco use, weight, and stress management. Faculty and staff at Vanderbilt have the opportunity to complete a Health Risk Assessment every year that will provide information regarding nine major areas of health: Coronary (heart) health, Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Nutrition, Fitness, Stress and Coping, Safety, and Weight. Knowing your personal opportunities for improvement can aid you in setting wellness goals to be as healthy as possible.
Since life style choices add up over time, making healthy choices now can make a difference today and in the future. To get the most out of taking your health risk assessment, take the time to review the report and see how you can use this effective tool to improve your total state of wellness.
- Look at your overall wellness score and then look at your scores in each of the nine major areas of health: Coronary, Cancer, Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Nutrition, Fitness, Stress and Coping, Safety, and Weight.
- Read and consider the recommended health actions based on the answers that you have given in your questionnaire.
- Think about what medical follow-up or preventive exams you might need and make an appointment with your health care provider.
- Take a look at the Online LifeChange Library linked in the different sections of your Health Risk Assessment report to get some ideas about what changes you might want to make to your lifestyle choices.
- Finally, consider setting a wellness goal.
- Ask yourself what is important to you for your health and well-being.
- Think about what actions would work for you that would improve things in that area.
- Determine what needs to happen for you to fit those actions into your life.
- Decide how you will know that you are making progress.
How We Can Help:
If you have questions about your Health Risk Assessment or your report, contact or call Health Plus at 343-8943 to speak to the Health Plus nurse.
Keywords: Health Risk Assessment, HRA, Health Risks, Risks, Coronary Risk, Cancer Risk, Nutrition Status, Fitness Status, Stress and Emotional Health, Substance Use, Safety