Get in Touch with Us
2700 Children's Way
Nashville, TN 37235
FROM THE RESOURCE LIBRARY
Detect and Protect!
Detect and Protect
Watch this video to learn important health prevention techniques for you and your family.
Detect and Protect Resources
Finding a Primary Care Provider:
- Call 936-MYMD (6963) – This convenient call line is a phone tree with a connection to all of the Vanderbilt Internal Medicine Clinics in the area both on campus and off.
- Vanderbilthealth.com – Visit this website to make an appointment, get tips on preparing for your office visit, information on a healthcare provider and much more.
- Read Choosing a Primary Care Provider in the Health and Wellness Resource Library
- Learn more about family health history.
- My Family Health Portrait is a tool for collecting family history offered by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Tips for talking with your health care provider.
Preventive Health Screenings:
- Visit the Health and Wellness Information Portal to view your personal Health Advisor. The Health Advisor will show you what preventive exams are recommended for you based on your age, gender, and race. You can also learn about resources available at Vanderbilt to help you get these preventive services.
- Read about Vanderbilt’s Preventive Care Program.
- Read the Preventive Care article in the Health and Wellness Resource Library.
- United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) – The USPSTF is an independent panel of experts in prevention and evidence-based medicine and is composed of primary care providers (such as internists, pediatricians, family physicians, gynecologists/obstetricians, nurses, and health behavior specialists).The USPSTF conducts assessments of the scientific evidence for the effectiveness of clinical preventive services, including screening, counseling, and preventive medications. Its recommendations are considered the “gold standard” for clinical preventive services.
- Find out what screening tests are covered by Medicare.
- Send an e-card to encourage a friend or family member to get screened.
- Visit the Health and Wellness Information Portal to print immunization records from the Occupational Health Clinic.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Vaccination Schedule for Adults
- Take the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Adolescent and Adult Vaccine Quiz to see which vaccines you need.
My Health at Vanderbilt – Sign up for My Health at Vanderbilt. This secure web service lets you communicate with your providers online. You can also see the results of your tests online, pay bills, request new appointments plus much more.