Get in Touch with Us
201 25th Ave. South
Nashville, TN 37240-7804
Count on Your Heart
During National Heart Month in February and National Nutrition Month in March, lower your risk for heart disease by controlling what you can. Participate in a variety of fun and informative events and programs to lower your risk for heart disease. Print the flyer to post.
Participate in these 2013 opportunities to love your heart:
- Know Your Numbers – Keep your weight and blood pressure in check with stations throughout the month. View locations below.
- Wear Red Day on Friday, February 1 – Join Health Plus and Vanderbilt Heart Preventive Cardiologist Sergio Fazio, MD, for a fun and informative heart health discussion to include women-specific issues, guidelines for evaluation and management of conditions, and the use of medications. Wear red to this event and get a heart-healthy lunch and recipe packet. Noon-12:55pm, Light Hall, room 208.
- The Love Your Heart Expo, Wednesday, February 27 – Visit this lunchtime event from 10:30am-1pm in Light Hall, north lobby to assess your heart health and stroke risk. Receive a cholesterol and glucose screening compliments of Vanderbilt Heart and Vanderbilt Stroke Center. Have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with a Vanderbilt cardiologist and registered dietitian, prizes and more.*
- Pressure Relief Network – A series of 6 classes focused on ways to manage blood pressure. Learn more.
*screenings available while they last
- Take the March Health Madness Challenge! Accomplish 25 out of 31 daily heart-healthy practices and you will be entered to win one of 3 American Heart Association Quick and Easy hardcover cookbooks. Print the calendar.
- Get Cooking with Chef Bill, Monday, March 18th. Join Peabody Commons Executive Chef Bill Claypool (featured in the 2012 Game Plan for Your Health video) for a cooking demonstration and tasting of recipes that are easy and heart-healthy from 5:15pm-6:15pm in the Peabody Commons Dining Hall. No registration needed. Participants will be entered to win one of 2 American Heart Association Quick and Easy hardcover cookbooks.
- Download the Heart Smart Dining Guide
The guide is loaded with tips for heart healthy dining choices on and around the Vanderbilt campus. Keep it with you in your desk, car, purse or briefcase.
- Listen to the Wellcast
- Heart Smart on a Shoestring Budget. Listen.
- How to Have a Healthy Heart Even if You Have Bad Genes with Vanderbilt Heart Cardiologist Sergio Fazio, MD. Listen.
- Understanding Heart Disease with Vanderbilt Heart Cardiologist Sergio Fazio, MD. Listen.
- Visit the Healthy Kitchen Cooking Video Library Watch a variety of 2-3 minute videos for heart healthy recipe ideas and inspiration. Download the recipe cards and get cooking! NEW! Corn and Potato Chowder, Tuna with Dill, Pasta with Three Peppers and “The” Vegetable Salad.